LP Gas Open Fireplaces – Service & Maintenance
|Home Fires is pleased to know that you have Purchased Home Fires Gas Fireplaces and thank you for making this choice. These units however require periodic maintenance and it is suggested that they be serviced annually.Attach please find Servicing and Cleaning instructions regarding Gas Fireplaces.
Should you require any further information in this regard, Please do not hesitate to contact Home Fires.
Why should Gas Fires Be Serviced?
- Gas fires are cleaner than wood fireplaces, however they are open fire fires.
- Dirt, dust and carbon build-up (this is one of the by-products of LP gas) accumulates on the ceramics and restricts the products of combustion to be exhausted freely.
- Dust and carbon can settle on the jets and venturies restricting the gas from entering the burner bar therefore flames flash back and burn on the injectors.
- All of the above can affect the performance of the Gas Fireplace i.e. Irregular Flame pattern, restricting heat output, ignition problems etc.
Servicing Should Include The Following:
- Checking and cleaning the pilot assembly of the gas fireplace,
- Checking the jets of the burner tray,
- Checking for leaks on the burner tray,
- Leak test on the LPG system with the appliance burning normal,
- Checking the control valve and its settings,
- Replacing the vermiculite (depending on the type of gas fire),
- Painting the exposed part of the fire box,
- Checking the static pressure when the fire is off,
- Checking the running pressure when the appliance is burning (set correct if necessary),
- Cleaning and repacking the coals (replace if necessary),
- Checking the chimney for fume out.
THE REGULAR ANNUAL SERVICING OF GAS APPLIANCES IS ADVISABLE IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN EFFICEINCY, REDUCE OPERATING COST AND TO ENSURE SAFE OPERATION.
Available in 3CR12 (semi-stainless steel) as an option
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.